Being an empathetic person is not all that it seems to be. It can be useful at times but more often seems to be annoying. Going out to do regular things - such as shopping, going to grab a coffee from Tim Horton's, or just trying to meet someone new to possibly become friends with - can be complicated and draining. I am 20 and I really enjoy being outside but going out means walking by people with different emotions. It especially becomes difficult during holidays such as Christmas or Easter when people are quite obviously frustrated, worried, sad, etc. I would love to know if their is a way to control it. A way to use it when I feel the need and to shut it off when I just want to be able to enjoy my time outdoors. I do not want to seem like someone with a personality disorder when I am trying to meet some new friends and My mood changes due to another person with strong emotions. I am usually a very happy and easy going person but the emotions of others can put me in a depression that can last from anywhere between overnight or up to a week. I have tried to distract myself from the walls of emotions by reading a book or listening to some of my favourite music, but it does not work as well as I would like/need it to. Though being an empathetic person does have some good points such as helps me know when to comfort someone close to me or when to make someone laugh, it can be emotionally (and sometimes physically) draining while in large crowds. So I would like to know if there may be a way to control it? To use it when I need it and to shut it down when I do not need it?
Confused With Empathetic Emotions
Medium experiences with similar titles
Comments about this clairvoyant experience
The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by psychic-experiences.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Snogard_sevlow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.
To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!
© The psychic medium story Confused With Empathetic Emotions is copyrighted to Snogard_sevlow. Edited by psychic-experiences.com.
Search this site:
Latest psychic & medium experiences:
- Vision Of Future Baby - Interpretation
- Entity That Looks Like Me Visits My Friends
- Attack On Telekinetics Worse Than I Thought
- Seeing My Future Before Me!
- My Daughter Is Dreaming My Memories
- Mother Mary And Mystical Phenomena
- Spirits, Angels, Demons, Sleep Paralysis, And More
- Did I See Multiple Peoples Inner Selves?
- Woke Up To A Light In My Bedroom Ceiling With Smoke
- Old Farm House Story
- Visited By My Nana
- I See, Hear And Feel Things That Aren't There
- Dream - You Don't Belong Here
- 4 Out Of Dozens Of Dreams That Have Come True
- The Return Of The Ring
- The Time I Saw A Hellhound
- Met My Spirit Guide For First Time
- Am I Connect To The Elemental Wind?
- Lady In My Dreams And In Real Life
- Madame Pele' In All Her Glory