The main goal of this story is to give the readers a basic concept of meditation and shielding. For those that would like some methods, skip to the end of the story, where a few will be posted.
Before one can practice either skill, it is important to know what the concept is, and understand it.
Meditation is the art of getting in touch with your mind and body. It can be used to do something relatively simple such as reducing stress or anxiety, to the slightly more advanced, like working with psychic abilities.
Shielding is the "art" of creating a barrier around yourself. The barrier can be used to block out anything that the person considers a hindrance, or that they feel threatened by. For example, a shield could be used to prevent a negative entity from bothering you, or something simple such as blocking out someone's negativity. Just like with meditation, there are several names for shields that one can make (generally, they all are the same, just different variations).
Sometimes nothing will happen when attempting at these skills. Here is a list of things to consider when working with each.
-Practice: There is no "quick fix" to doing meditation or shielding. Both require you to put time and effort into them, just like any psychic ability.
-Belief: You have to believe what you are doing will work. If you feel the need to create a shield, but don't believe that the shield will help, then chances are the shield won't help.
-Relax: No matter what the environment is, you need to relax when doing either skill. Relaxing will allow you to focus more on achieving your goal, rather than "if it's working or not".
Now that a small intro to both has been covered, here are some simple methods to get you started:
Meditation: Breath Control
1. Get into a comfortable position
2. Take in a slow, deep breath. Fill your lungs with air (alternatively, you can imagine energy rising up from your feet as you take the breath in)
3. When your lungs are completely filled with air, hold the breath for a second or two.
4. When you feel ready, release the air slowly. If any intruding thoughts come in, imagine them being released with the air.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until no more thoughts come into your head. At this point, it is the ideal time to work with whatever you want to. In my case, I try to work with my visualization skills by trying to picture a 3d cube that I can rotate.
-The "pure love" shield: This one is great for dealing with negativity of all sorts.
1. Calm yourself down. You don't need to go into a "full meditative trance", but you still need to be calm enough to focus on the shield.
2. Picture something that represents love. This could be anything from a favorite pet, family member, lover, object, Jesus (or any other "higher power" figure that might represent love), etc. If possible, try to remember all the positive things about this object. If it can bring a smile to your face, then the object is good to use.
For example, I recall the times when I would throw snowballs for my dog to chase, or when she would steal my shoes in an effort to keep me from going to school (at the time).
3. While you have this image (or memory) in your mind, try to picture how you see love surrounding you. Going from my previous example, I see my pet dog circling around me, and keeping anything negative at bay. It might be easier to just see a red cloud surrounding you.
4. Keep focused on both the memory or image, and the part that is surrounding you (like a shield would). Until you feel it is safe to do so, continue to "feel the love" that the selected image or memory is bringing you.
-The "white light" shield: This one has many variants, and is often more of a "protection" shield than anything.
1. Calm down- again, a trance is not needed to do this, but at the same time there should be no thoughts going through your head.
2. Imagine a bright, white light surrounding you. This can be done in any means: For example, you could see the white light as a fountain or waterfall coming from above, and spilling all over your body. Or, you could see it as coming from yourself, such as where the heart is located.
If you cannot visualize these things as well, then you could try another sense: Hear the sound as the white light falls on you (maybe like water, or music), feel the warmth as it hits you (think of how sunlight feels), think of how it smells (maybe like roses or a spice), or how it tastes (like your favorite food).
3. This is where people like to get creative. Some are satisfied with just surrounding themselves with the white light, whereas others like to do other things, such as filling the room with it, or having it spiral around them (like a twister). If it helps, you can picture the white light growing with intensity while anything negative is shrinking in size.
Some resources for more information:
In conclusion, this post hopefully gave some new (and old) insights as to what meditation and shielding are.
And yes, I understand that this is a long read-hence it being a Primer