I was wondering if anyone has any advice or information about what I have been dealing with, because I really could use some help. Recent events are beginning to scare me quite a bit, but before I get to that some background information is necessary. I apologize for the length of this, but all of this information is relevant.
Growing up I never really thought much about spirits, entities, ghosts, or anything like that. I have always had an open mind about such things, but I never truly believed in them until maybe seven or eight years ago (when I was around 14 years old) because odd occurrences began to happen in my family's house.
1) Certain lights will turn on and off by themselves - the light in my mother's china hutch is one that immediately comes to mind, since we never turn it on except for on holidays, yet it has a habit of turning on by itself almost every morning. We have not been able to find anything wrong with the wiring but it continues to happen.
2) Appliances will refuse to work for certain periods of time. For example, a few years ago five of our major appliances "broke down" in just a matter of a few days - the stove, oven, dishwasher, the living room television, and the washing machine. No matter how we investigated things, we couldn't figure out what was wrong with them. The dishwasher was the first appliance to shut down, and when we had a repair man come to fix it he could not give us much of a reason why it was broken either. Oddly enough, every single appliance began working again just a few days later. We never did find out why they stopped working, or why they started working again.
3) Our garage doors will open and close by themselves.
4) Facets will turn on by themselves. It's not just a drip or a gentle stream of water; when it happens it's always turned on full blast.
5) Items will be moved throughout the house. We never actually see them being moved, rather we notice after they have been moved. These moved items are not ones we use everyday, but they are usually items that we use often enough to notice they have been moved. At first we just figured that, "Oh, so-and-so moved them." Except, as moved items got more and more common and persistent, we began realizing that other family members in the house were not the ones moving them. It has now gotten to the point where certain items (like books) will actually disappear for a time, with us not being able to find them until months or sometimes even years later. And when they do reappear, they reappear in places we would never have put them, or in places where we already looked throughout the time they were missing. For instance, when I began studying for the LSATs to get into law school I got a LSAT prep book to study from. I ended up having to buy three more throughout the course of my studies because the prep book kept on disappearing without a trace.
I realize that this last bit makes me sound incredibly forgetful, that I just tend to lose things. This is not the case, though. When I moved away to college I noticed that I wasn't losing things anymore. In fact, my boyfriend (who I met at school) thought I was a bit crazy at first, for always insisting that certain items always be stored in certain places so I don't misplace them (keys hung up on the door, wallet in the jacket pocket, family jewelry in this area of this drawer, etc). He must've thought I had a touch of OCD or something.
All of these occurrences I've been relating are things that everyone in my family has dealt with to some degree. We never understood why it was happening - the house is fairly new, it really doesn't have any history, and the area where we live (as much as we've been able to find out) doesn't have much to explain the occurrences either.
Sometime after this activity began, I started to notice that I was sensitive to spirits/entities/presences/what-have-you. It started off with noticing atmospheres or emotions in rooms, and later I began hearing and seeing things that others my family would not (rather, it seems like they either try to tune it out or not want to admit they notice it) - like being home alone and hearing someone walking around upstairs (floor boards creaking under something's weight and all), hearing my name being called, seeing faces in windows, seeing outlines of figures or people only to do a double take and realize that no one is there.
As the years went on I noticed that some of the entities were bad. I started meditating in school as a way to deal with stress, and after I started meditating I noticed I was more sensitive to the activity in the house. It got to the point where I did not want to go home during my college breaks because the activity increased tenfold for me. I started sleeping with the lights on because I couldn't bear to be in the dark, seeing shadows move around me, feeling something beside the bed watching me. I could still sense things with the light on, but for some reason it did not feel nearly as malevolent. It did not help that this past spring break I woke up one morning with my stomach covered in angry, dark red scratches. (I bite my nails to nubs, mind you, so it's not like I did them to myself, nor do I sleep with anything that would have scratched me.)
Completely freaked out about the scratches, I went to a friend at school for help. She has had some experience dealing with the "netherworld" as she calls it. She offered to do something called a soul reading with me, in order to help me find my domain, and to perhaps get into contact with my spirit guides. It worked in the beginning. After getting into contact with one of my spirit guides I was able to deflect a lot of the negative energy in the house this past summer, so it wasn't affecting me nearly as much. However, I have now started to notice activity at school - something that has never happened before in the three years I have been living at school.
Around the same time as the scratches, I started noticing this one entity in particular - a little girl. To be honest, this little girl confuses me. She appears to be around six or seven years old with dark hair. She is not a bad entity per se, however she is not completely good either. It seems as if she has either a dual personality, or there is something following her or attached to her that is malevolent. I have communicated with this little girl (the good side of her) through meditation and she is very sweet. She has been the one to move things in the house because she likes to play games with people, she likes to be noticed. I asked her to stop, to not do these things as much, and she agreed she wouldn't. In connection with this, the end of the summer was rather uneventful, and between the lack of activity and the barriers I established, I was able - for the first time in years - to get a decent night's sleep at home.
This little girl is definitely connected to me in some way, I just do not know how yet. The problem is, this malevolent force/side of her is becoming much more prominent. I have received dreams about her with warnings - depicting her as being possessed (or something like it) with red lettering written across walls and doors around her saying "Beware" and "Stay Away". I have tried. But it is hard to stay away from something that follows you around and begs for your attention. She has followed me to school this year and has been moving things around in my dorm room - nothing too major, but little things to try and get me to notice her. Knicknacks and papers will be moved around, a lot of the items I *know* I packed up from home somehow did not make the move and are Missing In Action, and just the other day items were thrown from my desk at me (or rather, in my direction) as I came back into my room after classes - it wasn't a violent action, they were more dumped at my feet in order to get my attention, but still. It has gotten so strong that even my boyfriend, who is still a bit skeptical about all of this, has been able to sense things and see shadows, especially in my dorm room.
Since there is definitely something going on that isn't right, I met up with my friend again last night in order to try and figure it out. Apparently she is also helping out another one of her friends at the moment, and has reached some barriers that they have been unable to work around. They were planning on getting a hold of a Ouija Board to make a more "direct contact" in order to receive more information. I was invited along to see if I, too, could have some questions answered. (Mind you, I wasn't planning on being the one to make the contact, since I got the impression it would not be safe for me to do so. I was just planning to be in the room to ask my questions.)
After I discussed this with my friend, I decided to meditate and to get into contact with my spirit guide for permission to be near the Ouija Board, just to be doubly sure that things would be safe. I was not expecting it to be the scariest meditation session I've ever had.
My connection with my spirit guide was fuzzy - like I had "bad reception". The little girl kept on causing distractions: flitting in and out of sight, dancing around us, etc. The most disturbing thing was that the good part of her was barely there - it was mostly malevolent. At times she would be far too close for comfort. For the first time ever I received odd sensations during the session - the top of my head tingled, my left ear had a sharp pain, and my face felt numb and my lips would pull (against my will) into a snarl. When I started to feel these sensations, I was afraid and kept on having to pull out of the meditation to start over. (As soon as I pulled out, all the pain and other sensations stopped.) After much exertion, and putting up barriers to keep her at bay somewhat, all I could get out of my spirit guide is that I should try to fix this situation, but that I should not (for my own safety) do it my own - that I have to do it through someone else's connection (like my friend). The guide explained to me that the girl is breaking down my barriers, and that he can only do so much, I cannot keep ignoring it.
I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what I should do from here -- about what this girl may be, and what might be the best course of action now. Thank you.